Since it’s a Sunday and I’m having a really great time (sarcasm) and have nothing better to do, I’ve decided to share to you guys some songs that I listen to that make me feel a wave of melancholy and nostalgia.
1.) With or Without You – U2
• I can’t say that I’ve been on the same situation in the song, but more or less I can still empathize with it. You can feel the hopelessness of the situation based on the lyrics, that “nothing to win and nothing left to lose” and “I can’t live with or with you” *right in the feels*.
2.) Strange and Beautiful – Aqualung
• Some may think that this song is for creeps and stalkers, but I beg to differ I think this song is about love that you desire so much but you can never have (talk about unrequited).
3.) Nothing Like You and I – The Perishers
• The mood of the song, the lyrics everything about it screams nostalgia and melancholy. This song has this gloomy mood that takes you on a stroll down memory lane.
4.) On Melancholy Hill – Gorillaz
• Nothing like listening to this on a ride off to somewhere, looking out the window whilst raining. Lyrics’ borderline poetic, nuff said.
5.) Somewhere Only We Know – Keane
• I’ve just recently discovered this song and it never fails to make me remember things that have long been gone.